Sun shines on big day at Forest Edge for Lycetts Equine Insurance One Day Event
Forest Edge Arena was bathed in glorious sunshine for the Lycetts Equine Insurance One Day Event on Saturday.
All four classes were well supported and keenly contested.
Principle winners were: Class One, Hannah Pollard riding Cupids Dream; Class Two, Bridgett Parker-Barrett riding Laterseas Olivarno; Class Three, Sascha Hume Forever Changing and Class Four Anne Sinclair riding Balinahow Boy.
Sunday was a day of unaffiliated showjumping, including Trailblazers qualifying rounds. The day started with the juniors and young Jessica Carrington from Manea, near March, won the 12 years and under 65cm class, and was also a respectable third place in the 65cm Open class to the eventual winner, Kitty Fisher, ridden by Tara Murphy.
The largest class of the day was the 85cm class, with 20 riders declared. An exciting jump-off resulted in a well-deserved win for Stacey Barham of Chettisham, riding her own Dancer.
Carly Day was on good form in the senior classes. Riding Pepsi she won the 95cm class, took second in the 1.10m and a creditable fourth in the 1.05m class. The final class of the day, the 1.10m, provided some exceptional jumping over a challenging course, not least, Zola ridden by Brittany Banks, keeping the best until last to take the red rosette.
This weekend Forest Edge is celebrating the London Olympics with its own 'Olympic Weekend' complete with medals.
- 1 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 2 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
- 3 House boarded up after fight in Norfolk village
- 4 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 5 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 6 YouTube professional eater smashes 100oz steak challenge at Norfolk pub
- 7 'Carnage' as fight involving axes breaks out after van crashes into house
- 8 Heatwave leaves dried-up pond like 'scene from sci-fi movie'
- 9 Norfolk spot named among UK's best waterside pubs
- 10 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
There will be all the equestrian disciplines over two days and then on Saturday night there will be 'fun unmounted games' and partying afterwards. Find out more at www.forestedgearena.com.