Suffolk take the local bragging rights after victory over Norfolk’s Newton team
- Credit: Archant � 2010
Suffolk took the local bragging rights at Kessingland as they ran out 164-161 (6-16) winners over the Norfolk Newton team.
Suffolk went 19 shots up after 10 ends but after 20 ends Norfolk had mounted a small recovery to trail by 12 shots.
The final six ends saw Norfolk close the gap to within a shot but it was Suffolk that emerged victorious by three shots.
Jordan Groves, Ken Humphrey and Errol Feavearyear 38 - E Chinery 16.
You may also want to watch:
Eddie Barber, Neil Seager and Paul Tree 30 – S Church 18.
Richard Anderson-Dungar, Phil Glover, Matthew Sparrow 30 – B Mayhew 27.
- 1 'I'd be utterly lost without it' - Family told to dig up vegetable patch
- 2 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 3 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer
- 4 Man abducted girl, 14, and tried to hide her under bench
- 5 City bar owner tells clubbers: 'Turn off Covid app'
- 6 Head chef whose kitchen burned down leaves restaurant
- 7 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 8 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 Katherine Ryan Norwich show called off just before start due to Covid
Richard Bunton, David Crosby and Paul Randell 23 – M Keeble 28.
Tom Cooper, Brian Grint and John Sparrow 25 – S Thorpe 35.
Luke Clapham, John Harvey and Peter Cooke 15 – B Caley 40.
The Norfolk Adams team were also narrowly beaten as Suffolk ran out 163-159 (17-5) winners.
Barry Footer, George Gibson and Daniel Cawthorne went 19-5 up at 15 ends and won the spoons with a score of 35-21. Noel Blyth, Ernie Clapham, and Brian Sadler won 31-24 while Rhys Lloyd, Gary Hewitt and Paul Webb drew 25 each. Kenny Breame's rink lost 27-30, Chris Rowe's 21-30 and Paul Whymark's 0-33. Norfolk scored 24 shots over the last six ends to Suffolk's 36.
The under 25s had to play each other at Cawston on Sunday with Norfolk A winning on all rinks. Alex Deal, Jess Ward and Jordan Groves won 27-13 against Kacey Cook, Robert Brooks and Regan Simper. Dominic Cook, Rhys Lloyd and Aron Stimson won 26-24 against Lauren Siely, Tasha Brookes and Matthew Sparrow. Rhys Morgan, Edward Lambert and Daniel Cawthorne won 36-30 playing Vicky Brookes, Ryan Garman and Mathew Warnes.