Suffolk FA and Norfolk FA Under-18s produce a thriller at Bungay Town
Suffolk FA's Under-18 put in a plucky performance but were beaten 4-3 by a superior Norfolk side at Bungay Town's Maltings Meadow ground.
The Suffolk youngsters mounted a spirited comeback after going 2-0 in the first-half and despite having an extra man for the majority of the second half slack defending handed the visitors victory in this East Anglian Counties Competition clash.
The visitors started brightly going ahead through Lewis Butcher's well taken volley following an incisive counter attack.
Suffolk attempted to grab an equaliser but Adam Burrough's shot was blocked at the crucial moment by a Norfolk defender.
Moments later Burroughs was in the thick of the action again but once again his shot was blocked.
You may also want to watch:
The Bury Town striker went close again when he drew a last ditch save from Matthew Coote in the Norfolk goal.
But Suffolk were undone by the visitor's counter attack again as Butcher scored his second following a quick break.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 10 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
The hosts reduced arrears against all odds when Ross Bailey's curled short deceived Coote.
However, Norfolk restored their two goal advantage moments before half-time when Butcher sealed his hat trick thanks to a shot past the right hand post.
But the visitors' lead did not last long when Liam Wales scored Suffolk's second goal of the game.
The tide seemed to be turning in the hosts' favour when Butcher received a straight red card for a foul on a Suffolk player.
Suffolk captain Perry Moody was booked moments later for a rough challenge moments later.
Keegan Middleton tested goalkeeper Stephen Fenner with a rasping shot which the Bury Town custodian grabbed at the second attempt.
The hosts' amazing comeback was complete when a Burroughs header from a cross made the score 3-3.
However, slack defending from Suffolk allowed Luke Thaker to score handing Norfolk victory.
The Wroxham player peeled away from his marker to stab a shot past Fenner.
The visitors held on to claim the win at Bungay Town FC.
Suffolk: Ben Lancaster, Stephen Fenner, Riccado Ripa, Perry Moody (c), Seth Duzgdon, Dan Galley, Adam Burroughs, Will Hitter, Ryan Taylor, Liam Wales, Stuart McFarland, Ross Bailey, Jez Slinn, Cobi Guyon, Jamie Gregory, Jack Edwards.