Stunning pictures from the Houghton International Horse Trials
- Credit: Ian Burt
Some of the world's top riders put their horses through their paces in often sweltering conditions at the Saracen Horse Feeds Houghton International, near Fakenham, at the weekend.
But it was perfect conditions for the hundreds of visitors to the event on the Houghton estate with ice cream sales going through the roof.
Germany won the British leg of the Nations Cup, beating Great Britain into second place, but Norfolk-born Piggy French had a great weekend winning both the CCI2* & 1*.
You may also want to watch:
'I came here hoping for a top-10 finish, and thinking top five if all went really well, so I'm delighted,' she said.
- 1 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 6 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 7 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 8 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 9 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 10 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
Event director Alec Lochore said: 'It's been a great weekend of sport – in the international classes, the additional classes, and not forgetting the East Anglian Air Ambulance camel racing where Andreas Ostholt was particularly competitive.'