Stunning pictures from the Houghton International Horse Trials
- Credit: Ian Burt
Some of the world's top riders put their horses through their paces in often sweltering conditions at the Saracen Horse Feeds Houghton International, near Fakenham, at the weekend.
But it was perfect conditions for the hundreds of visitors to the event on the Houghton estate with ice cream sales going through the roof.
Germany won the British leg of the Nations Cup, beating Great Britain into second place, but Norfolk-born Piggy French had a great weekend winning both the CCI2* & 1*.
You may also want to watch:
'I came here hoping for a top-10 finish, and thinking top five if all went really well, so I'm delighted,' she said.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 4 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 5 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 6 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 7 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 8 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 9 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
- 10 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
Event director Alec Lochore said: 'It's been a great weekend of sport – in the international classes, the additional classes, and not forgetting the East Anglian Air Ambulance camel racing where Andreas Ostholt was particularly competitive.'