Strong City side to face Spurs reserves
CHRIS LAKEY Youth team boss Ricky Martin fields a strong starting line-up when he takes charge of Norwich City reserve for the first time tonight.
Youth team boss Ricky Martin fields a strong starting line-up when he takes charge of Norwich City reserve for the first time tonight.
The Canaries have organised a friendly match against a Spurs second string at Carrow Road (7.30pm), with Martin taking on the role vacated by Keith Webb last month when the long-time City man joined King's Lynn as their manager.
City boss Peter Grant is keen to give some of his fringe players much-needed match time and after tonight's scheduled reserve team match against Oxford was postponed, he moved quickly to find a replacement fixture.
You may also want to watch:
All but three of tonight's starting line-up have first team experience - goalkeeper Joe Lewis, defender Matt Halliday and 19-year-old Lawrence Hunter, a triallist from the Midlands.
“I think it will be a good game,” said Martin, who will add reserve team duties to his role as Academy boss until the end of the season. “For some of the lads it's been several weeks since they last played.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 6 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 7 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 Dad uses son's ashes in a tattoo on his leg
- 10 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
“The main thing for most of them is just getting minutes under their belts. For some nit might be a chance to put themselves in the shop window because they might be going out on short-term loans.”
Matthieu Louis-Jean continues his long comeback from a hamstring injury in a defence which contains Halliday, Craig Fleming and Hunter.
The Jarvis brothers, Rossi and Ryan, play in midfield alongside Robert Eagle and Paul McVeigh.
Up front Peter Thorne, who played the last 24 minutes at Tamworth on Saturday, partners Ian Henderson.
Norwich: Lewis, Louis-Jean, Halliday, Fleming, Hunter, Rossi Jarvis, McVeigh, Eagle, Ryan Jarvis, Thorne, Henderson.