Striker leads from front for buoyant Dereham Town
- Credit: IAN BURT
Shaun Bammant was literally head and shoulders above the rest, on Saturday as he helped Dereham Town see off Ryman North strugglers Waltham Forest.
The striker bagged the Magpies' first two goals and set up their third, as they bounced back from last week's disappointing defeat against Redbridge.
Magpies boss Matt Henman said: 'Shaun has been excellent recently and I'm really pleased with the way he carried his form into Saturday's game. He took his penalty really confidently and always is a player who you can count on to lead from the front.
'Shaun has really come into a rich vein of form over the past few weeks and I'm sure he can keep it going over the final seven games of our season. We still have a chance of sneaking into the play-offs and we will do everything we can to make sure we do.'
After a strong spell of Dereham pressure, Bammant opened his account for the afternoon after 17 minutes, when he volleyed home Kay's powerful free-kick after a deflection off a Stag's defender.
You may also want to watch:
Just five minutes later and Dereham were awarded a penalty after Bammant was brought to the ground by Emmaunel Bella. Bammant dusted himself down to score from the spot. Dereham then had to wait until midway through the second half to seal the points. Bammant flicked on Sam Borrer's long ball over the top, allowing Adam Smith to finish from the edge of the penalty area.
Danny Beaumont completed the rout with a fine finish two minutes from time.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
Dereham: Wilton, Willis, Hawkins, Borrer, Howard, Morphew, Howell (Bussens 71), Smith (Sturman 76), Bammant, Kay, Downes (Beaumont 62). Subs: Simmons.