Stone hits treble as Gorleston thump Thetford
Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division title favourites Gorleston made it two wins out of two last night when they won 5-1 at Thetford Town.
Their hero was striker Nathan Stone who scored in the seventh, 12th and 57th minutes to record a hat-trick. Zak Clarke added a fourth for the Greens 15 minutes from time after Town had pulled one back from the spot before David Hinton completed the nap hand.
Norwich United also have six points from their opening two games after beating Kirkley and Pakefield 1-0.
A tight, competitive game was settled in the 54th minute when Steve Shipley and Matt Blake both got touches on a corner before Shipley fired home the loose ball.
Kirkley fought hard for an equaliser and Gaz Williams twice went close to getting it with shots that narrowly missed the target.
You may also want to watch:
It was an unhappy night for Diss Town who crashed to a 4-0 defeat at CRC.
In Division One there was a one-sided derby match at Shoemakers Lane as Swaffham hammered Downham 7-0 in front of a crowd of over 100.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 5 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 6 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 7 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 8 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 9 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 10 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
n In the United Counties League Wisbech appear to be settling down nicely in their new surroundings. They followed up their opening day victory at Wellingborough with a 2-1 home win over Peterborough Northern Star, thanks to goals from Danny White (23) and Paul Cousins (65).