Steve Spriggs in line for shock return to King’s Lynn Town
- Credit: IAN BURT
Gary Setchell admits he's ready to go back on his word and offer Steve Spriggs another chance with King's Lynn Town.
The Linnets boss insisted there was no way back for the goal machine when he walked out on the club for a third time in October to join AFC Sudbury. However, the 26-year-old looks to have convinced Town's manager to bring him back to The Walks for a fourth separate spell since 2010, much to the shock of a large majority of Lynn's fans.
Setchell said: 'Spriggsy's just like Marmite, you either love him or hate him. When he last left the club (October, 2013) I was disappointed. But I was more upset and angry with him. After scoring 27 goals at Step Four I don't think he really gave himself the best chance last term.
'He didn't try hard enough in pre-season and his lifestyle away from football was a concern.'
Spriggs is reformed Lynn's all-time record goalscorer with 72 goals in his 161 games.
You may also want to watch:
'He's gone away and not enjoyed it,' said Setchell of the player who claimed two assists in a surprise 45-minute cameo against Norwich City Under-21s on Tuesday.
'He's dedicated himself back to the gym and back to the game and he's a player who can cause problems with his pace, his goal-getting ability and his directness. I'd be a fool not to give him another opportunity. Spriggsy wants to be here, I want him to be here, he is on a contract at Sudbury, so we'll have to see where we go with that.'
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 6 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 7 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 8 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
The pacy attacker originally left Town in 2012 to play in Sweden, only to return. He departed again a year later but came back after playing just 45 minutes for Boston United.