Steve Eastaugh takes over at Norwich United
- Credit: Bill Smith - Archant
Norwich United have announced Steve Eastaugh as their new manager with John Edridge reverting to his role of assistant boss.
Eastaugh joined the Planters last season as assistant manager and helped Edridge lead the club to their second Thurlow Nunn Premier Division title in the wake of Damian Hilton's departure to Wroxham.
But ahead of United's first season in Ryman Division One North Eastaugh and Edridge have swapped roles.
A statement on the club's website said: 'Everyone connected to Norwich United wish him well as our new manager in what is expected to be a hard season ahead of us in the Ryman League North Division.
'Last season's manager John Edridge will be staying with us as assistant manager. Due to personal and work reasons John believed that he could not commit fully to the post as manager during the coming season.
You may also want to watch:
'We would like to place on record our thanks to John in the professional manner in which he has helped guide us to another championship winning season and two cup finals. He is a valued member of our management team and his experience will certainly be required as we move up into the new league.'
The club also revealed Darren Plowman will continue as goalkeeping coach.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 6 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes