Steve Eastaugh takes over at Norwich United
- Credit: Bill Smith - Archant
Norwich United have announced Steve Eastaugh as their new manager with John Edridge reverting to his role of assistant boss.
Eastaugh joined the Planters last season as assistant manager and helped Edridge lead the club to their second Thurlow Nunn Premier Division title in the wake of Damian Hilton's departure to Wroxham.
But ahead of United's first season in Ryman Division One North Eastaugh and Edridge have swapped roles.
A statement on the club's website said: 'Everyone connected to Norwich United wish him well as our new manager in what is expected to be a hard season ahead of us in the Ryman League North Division.
'Last season's manager John Edridge will be staying with us as assistant manager. Due to personal and work reasons John believed that he could not commit fully to the post as manager during the coming season.
You may also want to watch:
'We would like to place on record our thanks to John in the professional manner in which he has helped guide us to another championship winning season and two cup finals. He is a valued member of our management team and his experience will certainly be required as we move up into the new league.'
The club also revealed Darren Plowman will continue as goalkeeping coach.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 8 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 9 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks