Stars season suspended because of coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
King’s Lynn Stars’ new season has been put on hold after the decision by British Speedway to suspend the new season with immediate effect.
The decision has been taken in line with other sports following the latest update from the government on the coronavirus crisis.
This suspension will be reviewed on April 15 and the situation will be monitored by the British Speedway Promoters’ Association and Speedway Control Bureau on a daily basis between now and then.
The Stars cancelled their traditional pre-season Press and Practice Day on Monday.
They were due to have started their campaign with a Premiership Supporters Cup meeting at Peterborough on Thursday night, followed by he return at the Adrian Flux Arena next Monday.
You may also want to watch:
The suspension means that seven meetings are currently postponed.
- 1 ITV Anglia News presenter Jonathan Wills leaving after 13 years
- 2 Contact tracers report pair to police for ignoring self-isolation
- 3 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 4 Bird's eye view of new £26m seaside leisure centre taking shape
- 5 Which Norfolk Wetherspoons pubs are reopening from April 12?
- 6 New owners of hairdressers plan to buy out 10 salons in six months
- 7 Anger at new plans for landmark Victorian hotel
- 8 Family fined £300 for dumping mountain of cardboard in car park
- 9 'The real Wells people are here' - crowds stay away from coast
- 10 Luxury 12-bedroom holiday home with pool for sale for £1.5m