Stars season suspended because of coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
King’s Lynn Stars’ new season has been put on hold after the decision by British Speedway to suspend the new season with immediate effect.
The decision has been taken in line with other sports following the latest update from the government on the coronavirus crisis.
This suspension will be reviewed on April 15 and the situation will be monitored by the British Speedway Promoters’ Association and Speedway Control Bureau on a daily basis between now and then.
The Stars cancelled their traditional pre-season Press and Practice Day on Monday.
They were due to have started their campaign with a Premiership Supporters Cup meeting at Peterborough on Thursday night, followed by he return at the Adrian Flux Arena next Monday.
You may also want to watch:
The suspension means that seven meetings are currently postponed.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 3 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 6 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash