Stars ready to rock the Norfolk Arena as new season gets underway
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn have urged fans to turn out in force for their opening home Premiership outing of the season against the newly-promoted Somerset Rebels on Wednesday night (7.30pm).
The Adrian Flux Arena clash marks the full team debut of 2012 world champion Chris Holder in Stars colours following his success alongside Robert Lambert in the Premiership Pairs on Friday.
The Stars are looking to get back to where they belong – challenging for a play-off place at least – after a tricky season last year.
New boss Dale Allitt, who has taken over from Rob Lyon following his move upstairs to concentrate on promoting the club, is backing his side for the win.
He said: 'Our aim is to focus on ourselves and if everyone rides to their true capabilities then we feel confident we can get our first league points on the board.
You may also want to watch:
'Obviously it would help us if we had a big crowd and we'd love the fans to turn out in big numbers.
'Naturally our aim is to remain unbeaten at home throughout our regular fixtures, pluck away on the road and pick up points where we can and if we can do that then we should be in with a strong shout of reaching the play-offs.
- 1 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 2 Worst in England: Hospital saw just one breast cancer patient on time
- 3 Bryan Adams announces 2022 Norfolk concert
- 4 How to get from Norwich to London for just a fiver
- 5 Barclays to close town centre bank branch
- 6 Ban for man caught speeding at 109mph on NDR
- 7 Norwich restaurant nominated for prestigious award
- 8 Care home to close after inspectors brand it unsafe
- 9 New BBC1 show to be filmed in Aylsham
- 10 'Living hell' fears over seaside flats with balconies
'After a tough 2016, we are feeling very positive about the year ahead and hopefully it will be a season to remember for all the right reasons.'
Allitt will be hoping his Stars high-flyers Holder and Robert Lambert can continue their form from Friday night when they won the first major trophy of the 2017 speedway season – ironically, staged at Somerset's Oaktree Arena circuit.
The Stars next fixture is on Good Friday, April 14, when they host Rye House.
King's Lynn Stars: Chris Holder, Lewis Rose, Nicklas Porsing, Troy Batchelor, Robert Lambert, Kai Huckenbeck, Josh Bailey.
Somerset: Rohan Tungate, Paul Starke, Charles Wright, Josh Grajczonek, Patrick Hougaard, Jake Allen, Jan Graversen.
Meanwhile, the Stars have confirmed details of the 2017 season ticket, which is valid for all 14 league fixtures.
The prices are: adults £221, concessions £182, juniors £65.