Stars ready to rock the Norfolk Arena as new season gets underway
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn have urged fans to turn out in force for their opening home Premiership outing of the season against the newly-promoted Somerset Rebels on Wednesday night (7.30pm).
The Adrian Flux Arena clash marks the full team debut of 2012 world champion Chris Holder in Stars colours following his success alongside Robert Lambert in the Premiership Pairs on Friday.
The Stars are looking to get back to where they belong – challenging for a play-off place at least – after a tricky season last year.
New boss Dale Allitt, who has taken over from Rob Lyon following his move upstairs to concentrate on promoting the club, is backing his side for the win.
He said: 'Our aim is to focus on ourselves and if everyone rides to their true capabilities then we feel confident we can get our first league points on the board.
You may also want to watch:
'Obviously it would help us if we had a big crowd and we'd love the fans to turn out in big numbers.
'Naturally our aim is to remain unbeaten at home throughout our regular fixtures, pluck away on the road and pick up points where we can and if we can do that then we should be in with a strong shout of reaching the play-offs.
- 1 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 4 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 5 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 6 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 7 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 8 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 9 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 10 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
'After a tough 2016, we are feeling very positive about the year ahead and hopefully it will be a season to remember for all the right reasons.'
Allitt will be hoping his Stars high-flyers Holder and Robert Lambert can continue their form from Friday night when they won the first major trophy of the 2017 speedway season – ironically, staged at Somerset's Oaktree Arena circuit.
The Stars next fixture is on Good Friday, April 14, when they host Rye House.
King's Lynn Stars: Chris Holder, Lewis Rose, Nicklas Porsing, Troy Batchelor, Robert Lambert, Kai Huckenbeck, Josh Bailey.
Somerset: Rohan Tungate, Paul Starke, Charles Wright, Josh Grajczonek, Patrick Hougaard, Jake Allen, Jan Graversen.
Meanwhile, the Stars have confirmed details of the 2017 season ticket, which is valid for all 14 league fixtures.
The prices are: adults £221, concessions £182, juniors £65.