Stars of the future head to Snetterton
Aspiring Grand Prix racers journey to Snetterton this weekend to compete in the British International Formula Three Championship with the intent of advancing their Formula One aspirations.
There is little to separate Jack Harvey, Jazeman Jaafar and Felix Serralles in the series this year, with each of them aiming to secure an advantage over their rivals in the three races this weekend.
Carlos Sainz Junior has raced impressively at the Norfolk track before and this could be the venue for the young Spaniard, son of former World Rally Champion Carlos Sainz Senior, to get his title hopes back on track.
Watching these F1 hopefuls tackle the tricky 300 circuit at Snetterton could be a pointer to greater things in the future.
Last year the new longer Snetterton lay-out tested the supercar racers in the British GT Championship, which is currently in rude health.
You may also want to watch:
No single pairing has won more than once and championship leader David Ashburn has yet to win a race this year, instead relying on consistency.
Chasing the Porsche 997 GT3R pilot are Duncan Cameron/Matt Griffin with their Ferrari 458 Italia and the Nissan GTR of Alex Buncombe/Jann Mardenborough, winners of the previous race at Brands Hatch.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
The BMW Z4 of Oliver Bryant/Alasdair McCaig, Audi R8 of Charles Bateman/Matt Bell plus the monster Mercedes AMG SLS of David and Godfrey Jones add colour while United Autosports debuts its McLaren MP4-12C in the series.
Meanwhile in the GT4 category the Lotus Evora squad, based at Long Stratton, will be out to defeat the current top crew Jody Fannin/Warren Hughes and their potent Ginetta G55.
Supporting cast will include the new turbo charged Formula Fords, VW Cup, Ginetta Challenge and the Northern Sports and Saloon Challenge with racing from 2.30pm on Saturday and resuming at 9.25am on Sunday.