Stars have big deficit to overturn
Newcastle 57, King's Lynn 37: Premier Trophy holders King's Lynn Stars face a 20-point deficit in tomorrow night's semi-final second leg against Newcastle.
Newcastle 57, King's Lynn 37
Premier Trophy holders King's Lynn Stars face a 20-point deficit in tomorrow night's semi-final second leg against Newcastle.
The Diamonds showed a real cutting edge last night as they established a 20-point advantage against a Stars outfit which recorded only two heat wins all night, both from top scorer Kevin Doolan.
It was not until the fifth heat that the Stars secured their first win, and then they had to wait for the 13th for Doolan to lead the way home again.
You may also want to watch:
The two opening heats were shared but Diamonds then claimed two 5-1 wins. The Stars shared the spoils in six more heats, but Newcastle scored 5-1 in four more.
Doolan top scored for the Stars with 13. Kenni Larsen (14), and Rene Back (13) and Mark Lemon (10) clocked up most of the Newcastle points.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash
t Newcasle Diamonds: Mark Lemon 10+1, Derek Sneddon 5+1, Jason King 8+3, Rene Back 13+1, Kenni Larsen 14, Dakota North 0, Anders Andersen 7+2.
t Stars: Kevin Doolan 13, Joe Haines 7, Kozza Smith 3+2, Linus Eklof 0, Tomas Topinka 5+1, Darren Mallett 6+2. Casper Wartmann 3+2).
t Tomorrow's meeting starts at 7.45pm.