Stars: Confidence high for trip to Wales
King's Lynn team boss Rob Lyon insists the Stars are bang on course to cap a successful week at happy hunting ground Newport in the Premier League this Sunday afternoon.
King's Lynn team boss Rob Lyon insists the Stars are bang on course to cap a successful week at happy hunting ground Newport in the Premier League tomorrow (2pm).
Lyon set his trophy hunters a five-point target from battles with the Isle of Wight, Stoke and this trip to south Wales. Lynn erased some painful Premier Trophy memories on the island before obliterating Stoke at the Norfolk Arena on Wednesday.
"We've got three so far - I think it's realistic to think we can do something at Newport," said Lyon after two victories at the Hayley Stadium last season. "Confidence is really high at the moment. If anything we probably got more satisfaction from running the Isle of Wight close than actually beating Stoke. That was our best showing down there for a while, although we have to keep it in perspective because Mildenhall only went down by nine and Sheffield won there.
"Against Stoke I was a bit disappointed not to hit 70 points. To put it bluntly they were lucky to get 26. You could say Stoke were poor, like Redcar and Berwick earlier this season. By the same token people should acknowledge how good we are."
You may also want to watch:
Lyon believes revised averages have strengthened Lynn's powerful line-up, adding: "Ironically, it might make us a lot more solid. Kevin Doolan is more than ready for the step up to number one and Daniel Nermark looks to have benefited from his switch. I thought he rode ever so well against Stoke - he was confident, quick and it was nice to see him coming from behind in the final race."
Stars: 1 Kevin Doolan, 2 Troy Batchelor, 3 Trevor Harding, 4 Daniel Nermark, 5 Tomas Topinka, 6 Chris Mills, 7 John Oliver.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder