Sprowston sign highly-rated Australian youngster from Sydney CC
- Credit: Archant
Sprowston are bringing another talented young Australian over to Norfolk to play in the Dipple & Conway Opticians Norfolk Alliance this summer.
The Premier Division side have announced the signing of Harry Dalton, a highly-talented young batsman who plays for Sydney CC in the strong Sydney first grade competition. He will be the third player from Sydney to play for Sprowston, following countrymen Matt Foster (2013) and Ethan Leten (2014).
Dalton cemented his place in first grade cricket in 2013 by scoring runs galore in second grade, including an outstanding 197 in one league game. A handy off-spin bowler, he will be a welcome addition to the Sprowston attack as they strive hard to take the club forward.
Dalton has played representative cricket for New South Wales at Under-13, 15 and 17 age groups and was a member of the Australian Universities team in 2014.
For the last two years he has been one of seven young cricketers from the Sydney area to attend the global cricket school in India.
You may also want to watch:
He has recently captained the Sydney first XI and has a century in first grade cricket to his name this season.
Dalton and his parents have met club president Terry Bishop, who paid a visit to Drummoyne Oval, home of Sydney CC, to see Harry in action earlier this month. Harry was captain for the match against Eastern Suburbs and weighed in with 59, batting at five.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 9 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 10 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
Sprowston's director of cricket, Mike Hanby said: 'We are delighted to secure the services of Harry, who is a young player with a proven track record in first grade cricket. He comes highly recommended by Matt Foster who had a superb season with us in 2013 scoring 1,080 league runs and taking 40 wickets.'