Spriggs completes latest King’s Lynn Town return on short-term loan deal
- Credit: IAN BURT
It was a good weekend for Gary Setchell as the Linnets breezed to a friendly victory and re-signed Steve Spriggs.
Two penalties from David Bell plus goals from returning duo Ross Watson and Michael Frew secured a comfortable 4-1 triumph at Spalding United – a team they lost 3-2 against last summer.
Yet it was the arrival of wideman Spriggs for his fourth stint at The Walks, on a three-month loan deal from AFC Sudbury, which will have pleased Lynn's boss the most.
Sudbury boss David Batch said of the player who is on contract at his club: 'Steve will be the first to admit that others returned to pre-season at a higher level than him and he had a lot of work to catch up.
'We have plenty of quality in wide positions. So it makes sense to strengthen in other areas by allowing Steve to go to Lynn. We are still looking at a couple of players from professional clubs that are impressing in training and I want to ensure that we have a balanced squad with quality options in all positions.'
You may also want to watch:
It was also a positive Saturday for Lynn's second string as they continued their preparations for the Thurlow Nunn First Division by beating Whittlesey United 4-1.
Jonathan Hawes' side's goals came from Liam Fryatt, Jack Frohawk, Nathan Daw, and Alan Burch.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 4 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 5 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 6 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 7 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 8 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 9 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 10 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
Other friendly results: Diss Town 0 Dereham Town 6, Dersingham Rovers 3 Dereham Town Reserves 5, Great Yarmouth Town 1 Acle United 0, Chatteris Town 0 Swaffham Town 5. Wisbech Town 4 Colney Heath 0, Downham Town 2 Sheringham 2