Spixworth pair battling for scoring honours in title chase
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Paul Cook and Luke Tuttle will continue their personal goalscoring battle today when Spixworth continue their bid for Sterry Cup honours.
Spixworth are well on target to break the century mark this season as they move inexorably towards the title, with Cook and Tuttle helping themselves to 25 each in a league tally of 87, with just 17 conceded in 25 outings.
This weekend, it's Reepham Town – fourth from bottom of the table – who will have to be on their guard.
Harleston are the only team who can catch the leaders, but they are 11 points behind with only two games in hand.
Adam Gusterson's men travel to Blofield United today and, given that they have lost just once this season in the league, will not be giving up on the title.
You may also want to watch:
In Division One, leaders Beccles are at home to Hindringham, with Bradenham Wanderers, a point behind with a game in hand, are away to Scole United.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 5 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 9 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 10 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk