Spixworth extend lead at top after good win at Waveney
- Credit: Archant
Spixworth show no signs of giving up their position at the top of the Premier Division in a hurry.
A 4-1 win at Waveney – thanks to goals from Paul Cook (2), James Page and Joe Easton, with Ryan Bloomfield replying – leaves them 17 points clear of Harleston, who were on Norfolk Senior Cup duty at the weekend.
Lawrence Cheese, Charlie Skipper and Jack Child scored for Stalham Town, but they lost 4-3 to Wroxham Reserves, whose scorers were Aaron Attree, Ollie Ebbage, Matt Doyle and Shaun Taylor.
Goals from Aaron Saunders and Callum Wiley were not enough for Acle United as they lost 3-2 to struggling Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves, whose goals were from Kaiden Goldspink (2) and Elliott Patrick. Long Stratton beat Reepham Town 5-0 – there were two goals for Mark Pearce and one each for Adam Solly, Will Morris and Charlie Deacon.
Ben Cissell scored a hat-trick for Cromer Town, but to no avail as the bottom side lost 5-4 to Mattishall. Antoni Fawkes was also on target for the Crabs, while a hat-trick from Xavier Huckle and two from Orren Oliver sealed it for Mattishall.
You may also want to watch:
Lee Roots, Lee Turner and George Barnden scored for Caister as they beat Blofield United 3-0. Mulbarton Wanderers drew 0-0 with St Andrews.
In Division One, Aylsham continued their good run with a 3-0 win at Loddon United, with goals from Toby Oliver (2) and Jack Mollicone. A hat-trick for Scott Sutherland-Grey and one each for Jack Hood, Ryan Curtis and Louis Fuller gave Bradenham Wanderers a 6-0 win over Dersingham Rovers.
- 1 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
Beccles Town beat neighbours Bungay Town 6-2, with a hat-trick for Joe Clark and one each for Dave Shady, Ray Masters and Luke Bailey. Bungay's goals came from Daryl Wigger and an opponent.
In an entertaining match, with plenty of scoring chances, Hellesdon beat Sheringham 2-0, the scorers Keegan Charlesworth and Connor Simpson. A James Venables goal gave Attleborough Town a 1-0 win at Hindringham. Charlie Blake, Joe Woodcock and Daniel Mace scored for Wymondham Town to beat North Walsham Town 3-2. Liam Clark and Graham Turner scored for Walsham.
Scole United beat Mundford 2-0, with goals from Dave Coleman and Henry Brown.