Spixworth change their name to Norwich CBS after relocating ahead of Thurlow Nunn League campaign
- Credit: Archant
Spixworth will be called Norwich CBS FC from next season.
The Anglian Combination Premier Division champions have decided to change their name after relocating their home games to the FDC at Bowthorpe from the next campaign when they will be competing in the Eastern Counties League.
A statement on the club's website said: 'After months of meetings and several emails being sent to and from the County FA we are pleased to announce that we have decided to change the club's name.
'This is mainly down to our relocation and the promotion to the Thurlow Nunn League was a huge pro in taken the steps to change our name.
We felt as a club we were not very marketable being named after a village to which we play 20 minutes and 8 miles away from.'
You may also want to watch:
Norwich CBS have also confirmed their first signings of the summer with Lee Mason joining them from Norwich United alongside former Sprowston goalkeeper John Howes.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 9 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 10 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab