Spixworth change their name to Norwich CBS after relocating ahead of Thurlow Nunn League campaign
- Credit: Archant
Spixworth will be called Norwich CBS FC from next season.
The Anglian Combination Premier Division champions have decided to change their name after relocating their home games to the FDC at Bowthorpe from the next campaign when they will be competing in the Eastern Counties League.
A statement on the club's website said: 'After months of meetings and several emails being sent to and from the County FA we are pleased to announce that we have decided to change the club's name.
'This is mainly down to our relocation and the promotion to the Thurlow Nunn League was a huge pro in taken the steps to change our name.
We felt as a club we were not very marketable being named after a village to which we play 20 minutes and 8 miles away from.'
You may also want to watch:
Norwich CBS have also confirmed their first signings of the summer with Lee Mason joining them from Norwich United alongside former Sprowston goalkeeper John Howes.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen