Spirits remain high in Wymondham camp despite home defeat
- Credit: Archant
Wymondham suffered a rare home defeat against a good Ely side.
The Red and Blacks were hoping a good running game would get them back on track and two minutes in James Swinbourne set the tone and the home side scored in the corner.
A short blast of forwards' rugby released Ely five minutes later to score before forward drives and slick lineout moves from Liam Browning enabled Andy MacAlister to reply from a driving maul.
Ely again replied with their fast backs to score a try, shortly followed by a penalty.
Andy Mackay, returning to the side, showed his impressive ball skills and defence, but Ely scored again through sloppy home defence.
You may also want to watch:
A last glimpse of hope was given to the home side through Andy Davies' score in the corner but the visitors scored again to wrap up the win. Despite the score spirits remain high in the Wymondham camp and moving forward selection will be tough for coaches.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 8 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards