Spireites A lead the way in Open Snooker League
- Credit: PA
After two weeks of the Open Snooker League Spireites A lead the First Division after victories against Woodside Warriors 6-3 and Spireites B 5-4 with Jamie Edwards of the A side and Orin Drake the B team enjoying 3-0 victories during their derby match.
Warriors themselves went on to beat St Philips 6-3 putting them into second place. Woodside Rockets defeated Broadland A 6-3 with Sam Betts winning three frames plus making a break of 61. Spireites C beat Broadland A 7-2 with Paul Mercer and Paul Gifford both winning 3-0.
Woodside Dragons are leaders of Division Two after winning against Broadland C 7-2 and Broadland Bandits 5-4. Luke Pinches won both his matches 3-0 and Jin Foulger had a break of 59. Broadland C went on to defeat Woodside Wizards 7-2 with Lee Hodge and Dave Roberts taking maximum frames with Keith Saunders replying with three frames for Bandits. Three frames from Jason Lincoln helped Attleborough triumph over Gothic 6-3.
In the Handicap Division One Broadland C are leaders after beating Bayer 9-3 and Woodside Peelers 7-5 with Ben Baker winning both his matches 3-0 plus a break of 38.
Second-placed Rileys secured two 7-5 victories against Broadland A and Bayer. Michael Hubbard had a plus handicap high break of 36 during his match for Woodside C against Peelers which the C team won 7-5.
You may also want to watch:
After one week of the Second Division, Woodside A had the biggest victory of the week against Ludham B 10-2. St Philips C beat Canary Social 8-4 and Wroxham defeated Ludham A 7-5. Hethersett B triumphed against Broadland B 7-5 after winning the home leg 6-0.
The Billiards League sees St Philips B on top after victories over Broadland 4-0 and Hethersett B 3-1. Second-placed Pinebanks Exiles beat Hethersett B 3-1 and lost to Broadland 1-3.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 7 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 8 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 9 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us