Speedway star Robert Lambert gets the nod for World Under-21 title bid
- Credit: Ian Burt
Hot prospect Robert Lambert has been given the chance to become World Under-21 champion.
The King's Lynn Stars ace, who turned 18 earlier this month, is one of Great Britain's four selected representatives in this year's prestigious youth competition. He will compete alongside Max Clegg at the Belle Vue 'semi-final' in Manchester on May 21 while Adam Ellis will take to the tapes in the Czech Republic qualifier on May 20.
Newly-crowned British Under-21 champion Josh Bates, who consigned Foulsham-based Lambert to a second runner-up finish in a row on Thursday, will attempt to book his place at the showcase meeting by shining in Germany on May 21.
British Youth boss Neil Vatcher told Speedway GB's official website: 'With only four guaranteed places to make the World Under-21 final, none of these semis will be easy – in fact, every race will be massive.
'But I really have every confidence that after having Stefan Nielsen representing Great Britain at the world finals last year, we will again have a representative this year, and all being well maybe more than one.'
You may also want to watch:
Young Stars rider Nathan Greaves will be a track reserve at Belle Vue.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van