Speedway star Robert Lambert gets the nod for World Under-21 title bid
- Credit: Ian Burt
Hot prospect Robert Lambert has been given the chance to become World Under-21 champion.
The King's Lynn Stars ace, who turned 18 earlier this month, is one of Great Britain's four selected representatives in this year's prestigious youth competition. He will compete alongside Max Clegg at the Belle Vue 'semi-final' in Manchester on May 21 while Adam Ellis will take to the tapes in the Czech Republic qualifier on May 20.
Newly-crowned British Under-21 champion Josh Bates, who consigned Foulsham-based Lambert to a second runner-up finish in a row on Thursday, will attempt to book his place at the showcase meeting by shining in Germany on May 21.
British Youth boss Neil Vatcher told Speedway GB's official website: 'With only four guaranteed places to make the World Under-21 final, none of these semis will be easy – in fact, every race will be massive.
'But I really have every confidence that after having Stefan Nielsen representing Great Britain at the world finals last year, we will again have a representative this year, and all being well maybe more than one.'
Young Stars rider Nathan Greaves will be a track reserve at Belle Vue.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 8 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword