Crisp at the double to help Dereham through in FA Cup
- Credit: Ian Burt
Dereham Town go into the hat for the FA Cup first qualifying round draw after an excellent 4-2 win away to Spalding United.
The Magpies had seen a Ryan Crisp header cleared off the line in the 36th minute, but went behind three minutes before the interval when Kegan Everington's corner from the left went straight into the far corner.
Dereham went agonisingly close to equalising when Toby Hilliard's close-range effort was blocked with his attempt to net the rebound cleared off the line.
But their hard work was rewarded with an equaliser in the 59th minute when Shaun Wones headed home from a corner.
Spalding has a great opportunity to regain the lead when Jenk Acar was put clean through but keeper Elliot Pride made a vital save.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham went ahead in the 64th minute after a well-worked move down the left. Rhys Logan combined well with Hilliard who pulled the ball back to Crisp who netted from close range.
Pride made another great save to tip Jamie Jackson's low drive on to the post, but the Tulips won a corner on the right and Jackson headed home to make it all square in the 68th minute.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
Dereham were awarded a penalty in the 80th minute when Jenk Acar fouled Logan - Adam Hipperson converted to put the visitors ahead again. Minutes later the Tulips were reduced to 10 men when Taron Hare was dismissed for holding back Crisp.
In added time Spalding won a corner and pushed their keeper up, but Dereham cleared upfield and Crisp scored from just inside the home half.
Spalding: Dugan, Hare, Hugo, Stafford, Richards (Ramsden 25, Zuerner 84), Spencer (Mason 15), Floyd, Everington, Jackson, Scar, Brownhill. Subs not used: Holliday, Frain, Smith.
Dereham: Pride, Frary (Matthews 75), Murphy, Hinton, Wones, Castellan, Logan (Johnson 90), McQuaid, Crisp, Hilliard, Hipperson (Imrie 85). Subs not used: Matthews, Linford, Dickerson.
Ref: G Davies. Att: 144