Crisp at the double to help Dereham through in FA Cup
- Credit: Ian Burt
Dereham Town go into the hat for the FA Cup first qualifying round draw after an excellent 4-2 win away to Spalding United.
The Magpies had seen a Ryan Crisp header cleared off the line in the 36th minute, but went behind three minutes before the interval when Kegan Everington's corner from the left went straight into the far corner.
Dereham went agonisingly close to equalising when Toby Hilliard's close-range effort was blocked with his attempt to net the rebound cleared off the line.
But their hard work was rewarded with an equaliser in the 59th minute when Shaun Wones headed home from a corner.
Spalding has a great opportunity to regain the lead when Jenk Acar was put clean through but keeper Elliot Pride made a vital save.
Dereham went ahead in the 64th minute after a well-worked move down the left. Rhys Logan combined well with Hilliard who pulled the ball back to Crisp who netted from close range.
Pride made another great save to tip Jamie Jackson's low drive on to the post, but the Tulips won a corner on the right and Jackson headed home to make it all square in the 68th minute.
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 4 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 5 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 6 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 7 WATCH: Nudist camp saved from field fire by farmers
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
- 9 Behind the scenes at Britain's most dilapidated hospital
- 10 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
Dereham were awarded a penalty in the 80th minute when Jenk Acar fouled Logan - Adam Hipperson converted to put the visitors ahead again. Minutes later the Tulips were reduced to 10 men when Taron Hare was dismissed for holding back Crisp.
In added time Spalding won a corner and pushed their keeper up, but Dereham cleared upfield and Crisp scored from just inside the home half.
Spalding: Dugan, Hare, Hugo, Stafford, Richards (Ramsden 25, Zuerner 84), Spencer (Mason 15), Floyd, Everington, Jackson, Scar, Brownhill. Subs not used: Holliday, Frain, Smith.
Dereham: Pride, Frary (Matthews 75), Murphy, Hinton, Wones, Castellan, Logan (Johnson 90), McQuaid, Crisp, Hilliard, Hipperson (Imrie 85). Subs not used: Matthews, Linford, Dickerson.
Ref: G Davies. Att: 144