Southwold turn in brave show against leaders
- Credit: Archant
Southwold were left to rue two early errors as they slipped to a narrow home defeat at the hands of Division 3NE leaders Harlow.
The mistakes gifted the Essex side a 14-0 lead, but after that Southwold gave an excellent account of themselves and could easily have won the game.
With a big crowd cheering them on they reduced the arrears when a try from Cemile Duruk was converted by James Wade. Harlow then added another penalty before Wade made it 10-17.
In the second half Southwold had the lion's share of the possession and, after another Harlow penalty, reduced the arrears to just three points when forward pressure led to a penalty try, converted by Wade. Harlow pulled away again with a converted try before a late unconverted effort from skipper James Hall.
Lowestoft & Yarmouth were hammered 100-0 at East London while fellow strugglers West Norfolk went down 69-10 at Upminster.
You may also want to watch:
Southwold 22 Harlow 27
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 9 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 10 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich