Southwold turn in brave show against leaders
- Credit: Archant
Southwold were left to rue two early errors as they slipped to a narrow home defeat at the hands of Division 3NE leaders Harlow.
The mistakes gifted the Essex side a 14-0 lead, but after that Southwold gave an excellent account of themselves and could easily have won the game.
With a big crowd cheering them on they reduced the arrears when a try from Cemile Duruk was converted by James Wade. Harlow then added another penalty before Wade made it 10-17.
In the second half Southwold had the lion's share of the possession and, after another Harlow penalty, reduced the arrears to just three points when forward pressure led to a penalty try, converted by Wade. Harlow pulled away again with a converted try before a late unconverted effort from skipper James Hall.
Lowestoft & Yarmouth were hammered 100-0 at East London while fellow strugglers West Norfolk went down 69-10 at Upminster.
You may also want to watch:
Southwold 22 Harlow 27
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover