Norfolk athletes in fine form at European Team Championships
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Norfolk athletes Sophie McKinna and Chris Baker made their mark for Great Britain in the European Team Championships at Bydgoszcz in Poland.
Baker, from Dereham, finished second in the high jump with a clearance of 2m 22 after being a late addition to the team.
Great Yarmouth & District athlete, McKinna, also exceeded expectations finishing third in the shot with a fine throw on 17m 98.
Their efforts helped Great Britain to fifth place in a competition won convincingly by the host nation ahead of Germany in second and France third.
Italy won the men's 4x400 metres relay - an event GB failed to start due to an administrative error - to claim fourth place with 316 points while Britain clocked up 302.5 points overall.
You may also want to watch:
GB's Richard Kilty won the men's 200m in a time of 20.66 seconds and Ben Williams also claimed 12 points with victory in the triple jump.
- 1 Family tribute to caring and loving Norwich man who was 'one of a kind'
- 2 Teenage girl seriously sexually assaulted near rail track
- 3 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital
- 4 Talented teen baker set to open cake shop in town centre
- 5 Motorcyclist, 17, dies after crashing into lamp post
- 6 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 7 The Norfolk market town that used to be in Suffolk
- 8 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 9 Plea for a solution after raw sewage floods family's garden
- 10 'Not in a religious village!' - Residents' shock at drug squad swoop