Snowflake Sailing Club enjoy fine end to 2017
- Credit: Archant
The conditions were excellent for sailing on New Year's Eve at Snowflake Sailing Club.
There was plenty of wind, but not too much, as the first dinghy race started. There were 11 dinghies in all; an Oppie, several Toppers, Lasers and a Fireball. This made for a very busy start but nobody managed to be on the wrong side of the line.
The Yeoman started five minutes after the dinghies for a change, there were four this week. It was very gusty in front of the clubhouse at times, but this dropped off as the boats went down the street to mark number one and they all had to work hard to get around it.
The Yeoman had a good race whilst the dinghies had a really close race which was born out in the results – less than three minutes separated all 11 dinghies.
The second race saw the four Yeoman go first this time whilst the start was crowded once more for the dinghies.
You may also want to watch:
Conditions around the corner were poor but there was an exhilarating beat before they got to the corner. The wind started to ease at the end of the dinghies' second lap so much so that it briefly left the Toppers becalmed around the last mark. Yet again the racing was close with six dinghies finishing within a minute of each other.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones