Snowflake Sailing Club enjoy fine end to 2017
- Credit: Archant
The conditions were excellent for sailing on New Year's Eve at Snowflake Sailing Club.
There was plenty of wind, but not too much, as the first dinghy race started. There were 11 dinghies in all; an Oppie, several Toppers, Lasers and a Fireball. This made for a very busy start but nobody managed to be on the wrong side of the line.
The Yeoman started five minutes after the dinghies for a change, there were four this week. It was very gusty in front of the clubhouse at times, but this dropped off as the boats went down the street to mark number one and they all had to work hard to get around it.
The Yeoman had a good race whilst the dinghies had a really close race which was born out in the results – less than three minutes separated all 11 dinghies.
The second race saw the four Yeoman go first this time whilst the start was crowded once more for the dinghies.
You may also want to watch:
Conditions around the corner were poor but there was an exhilarating beat before they got to the corner. The wind started to ease at the end of the dinghies' second lap so much so that it briefly left the Toppers becalmed around the last mark. Yet again the racing was close with six dinghies finishing within a minute of each other.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 9 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 10 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab