Snetterton season gets underway
As the Formula One season roars off in Australia this weekend Snetterton starts the home motor racing season on Saturday with a five-race programme for the clubman competitor.
Ray Honeybone will not have to travel far to contest the MSVT Team Trophy and the Attleborough resident has proven in the past to know his way around the sweeps of Snetterton in his potent Renault Clio.
The Norfolk N Chance pair of David Slater/Aaron Harding are also Clio mounted and while the local teams may find the faster Class A machinery a bit too potent a category victory will not be out of the question.
Overall victory could be fought out between Ben and Adam Uren's Seat Leon and the Mark Flower/Stewart Smith BMW M3 while Simon Barnard, in a similar BMW, could also be a podium contender.
The MSVT Trackday Trophy is contested by newcomers to the sport and features a wide selection of saloon and sports cars.
You may also want to watch:
The Renault Clio is a popular choice and could see Slater and Harding make a second appearance but they may find Lee McCormack's Subaru Impreza a bit too quick especially if the track surface is anything other than bone dry. The Nippon Challenge offers the chance for owners of modified Japanese sports and saloon car an opportunity to find out who is quickest.
Throw in the odd Proton and Hyundai and you have a heady mix, however the minute, but exceedingly rapid, Suzuki Swift of Andy McLennan often embarrasses many of the flame spitting turbo charged machinery.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 6 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
The MR2 series is the final category on display with a healthy grid of the Toyota built sports cars and with a new season brings new names to contest the podium places. Racing starts at 11.50am, practice/qualifying begins at 9am.