Snetterton circuit reveals 2012 fixtures
Snetterton's 2012 race events calendar has been released, with over 35 events – starting with the MSVR Club Car Championships next weekend.
The MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship makes its annual visit to Snetterton on May 25-27, racing on the three-mile 300 circuit, with Tommy Hill continuing his title defence.
There have been big changes among the top teams, including a switch to Kawasaki for Shakey Byrne, plus big new signings, including World Superbike legend Noriyuki Haga, Grand Prix winner Anthony West and World Endurance Champion Freddy Foray.
The British F3/GT Championships and the British Touring Car Championship bookend a speed week in Norfolk, providing a great start to August (4/5 and 11/12).
Both will race on the new 300 circuit, with its elevated spectator banks offering panoramic views.
You may also want to watch:
The 300 and 200 configurations will both be utilised by the expanded Modified Live event on September 22-23.
Meanwhile, a big new event debuts at the circuit in July. The MSA Superkart British Grand Prix, one of only three motorsport events in the UK to hold the title, will take place over the weekend of July 14-15 as a joint headline event with the CIK-FIA European Superkart Championship.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Man and woman found dead in home
Completing a summer of great racing, the traditional Citroen 2CV 24 Hour will return for the August Bank Holiday weekend.
Fans of historic racing will have much to celebrate too, with the Vintage Motor Cycle and Vintage Sports Car festivals on June 16-17 and September 30 respectively. Much of the machinery competing dates back to the pre-war era and is rarely seen driven in anger.
In addition to these headline events, the circuit hosts packed programmes of club racing week-in, week-out. A huge variety of cars and bikes, both old and new, can be found at these events and a full calendar can be viewed at www.snetterton.co.uk.
Tickets are now on sale for every meeting, starting at �10, with free entry for children aged 12 and under.
Snetterton 2012 highlights
25-27: MCE Insurance British Superbikes (pictured)
16-17: Vintage Motor Cycle Festival
14-15: MSA Superkart British Grand Prix
4-5: British F3/GT Championships
11-12: Dunlop MSA British Touring Cars
25-26: Citroen 2CV 24 Hour
22-23: Modified Live
30: Vintage Sports Car Festival
For full fixture details go to www.snetterton.co.uk