Smith keeps Dereham Town’s play-off hopes alive
An injury-time winner from Adam Smith ensured that despite conceding in stoppage time Dereham came out on top in this top the table clash at Aldiss Park.
The win delighted Magpies boss Matt Henman, who said: 'It's a great win for us, and I'm delighted with the way things turned out today.
'For periods of the game today we weren't at our best and our attention to detail wasn't quite what it should have been at times but the boys showed an unbelievable amount of spirt and determination and they got their reward in the end.'
Harlow started slowly on an excellent surface at Aldiss Park and the home support had plenty to shout about, after seeing their side take a deserved lead inside five minutes.
A quick free kick saw Shaun Bammant set up Nicky Howell on the edge of the penalty area, who turned well under pressure before rattling the cross bar with his powerful shot.
Fortunately for Dereham Ryan Hawkins was on hand to volley home giving Matt Henman's side a deserved lead after four minutes.
Harlow turned the tables in the second half but on the line blocks from Gary Starling and Ryan Hawkins kept the Hawks at bay.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
- 3 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
- 4 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 7 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich
- 8 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 9 Brother and sister found dead in home were grieving beloved father
- 10 Police catch over 20 drivers speeding in 45 minutes near fatal crash site
However in injury time the visitors finally found a gap in the Magpies defence thanks to a close range shot from Stanley Muguo.
Dereham were not to be beaten however as Smith had the last word.
Dereham: Viner, Hawkins, Starling, Borrer, Howard, Morphew, Howell (Kay 62), Smith, Bammant, Tuttle, Beaumont (Sturman 62). Subs not used: Bussens, Downes, Ward.
Harlow: McGee, Barnard (Smith 12), Eadie, Urquhart, Antonie (Mckenzie 84), Glowacki, Dadson, Muguo, Read, Smith, Stamp (Curley 18). Subs not used: Ruhens.
Referee: Mr. D. Foreman