Smith keeps Dereham Town’s play-off hopes alive
An injury-time winner from Adam Smith ensured that despite conceding in stoppage time Dereham came out on top in this top the table clash at Aldiss Park.
The win delighted Magpies boss Matt Henman, who said: 'It's a great win for us, and I'm delighted with the way things turned out today.
'For periods of the game today we weren't at our best and our attention to detail wasn't quite what it should have been at times but the boys showed an unbelievable amount of spirt and determination and they got their reward in the end.'
Harlow started slowly on an excellent surface at Aldiss Park and the home support had plenty to shout about, after seeing their side take a deserved lead inside five minutes.
A quick free kick saw Shaun Bammant set up Nicky Howell on the edge of the penalty area, who turned well under pressure before rattling the cross bar with his powerful shot.
You may also want to watch:
Fortunately for Dereham Ryan Hawkins was on hand to volley home giving Matt Henman's side a deserved lead after four minutes.
Harlow turned the tables in the second half but on the line blocks from Gary Starling and Ryan Hawkins kept the Hawks at bay.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
However in injury time the visitors finally found a gap in the Magpies defence thanks to a close range shot from Stanley Muguo.
Dereham were not to be beaten however as Smith had the last word.
Dereham: Viner, Hawkins, Starling, Borrer, Howard, Morphew, Howell (Kay 62), Smith, Bammant, Tuttle, Beaumont (Sturman 62). Subs not used: Bussens, Downes, Ward.
Harlow: McGee, Barnard (Smith 12), Eadie, Urquhart, Antonie (Mckenzie 84), Glowacki, Dadson, Muguo, Read, Smith, Stamp (Curley 18). Subs not used: Ruhens.
Referee: Mr. D. Foreman