Smells like team spirit - Wisbech Town hope night at hotel can help cause FA Vase upset at Ashington
- Credit: Archant
Joint boss Dick Creasey hopes an overnight stay up north can help Wisbech Town cause an FA Vase upset this afternoon.
The Fenmen travelled to Newcastle yesterday rather than embarking on a 455-mile round trip this morning. The squad spent the night together in a hotel and the club's co-manager believes some time together will only improve their chances of a fourth-round victory against Ashington.
Creasey, who last week became Paul Cousins' sidekick, said: 'It just gives us time, certainly for me, to have a word with a few lads and try and get to know them a little bit better and get into their heads a little bit. We can sit round and have a good chat, there's a swimming pool there, there's a gym, so we can go in the pool and have a bit of togetherness, but in the right way, not in the bar.'
The Colliers ply their trade at the same level of the non-league ladder as Wisbech but are among a small number of sides who are being tipped to reach a Wembley final.
Despite back-to-back defeats on his return to the club, Creasey feels his men have nothing to fear ahead of their last-32 fixture. Goalkeeper Lea Jordan and striker Callum Stocks are cup tied. Former Godmanchester keeper Carl Mackney will play in goal as he did in the last round.
For more build up listen to Creasey on the latest West Norfolk Sports Podcast at www.edp24.co.uk/wnsp
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'