Six-goal romp will give my promoted men belief, says King’s Lynn Town boss Gary Setchell
- Credit: IAN BURT
Gary Setchell believes his players can take huge self belief from their 6-0 mauling of Rushall Olympic last night.
Lynn, who have enjoyed back-to-back promotions to Step Three of the non-league ladder, lost their opening Evo-Stik Premier Division game 2-0 at Nantwich Town on Saturday. But they bounced back at The Walks and the Linnets' boss admits his side took heart from Dan Jacob's opening goal in the 21st minute – and never looked back.
He said: 'I think they will believe in themselves. We've brought a lot of players up from Step Five, won Step Four last year, and we've still got seven, eight or nine who played Step Five and have been on the journey with us. Maybe Saturday one or two of them thought 'oh, we've gone up a level'.
'I didn't. I know we'll be competive in every game whoever we play. And last night I think there'll be one or two players who went home believing in themselves a little bit more.'
Jacob added a second, and a third after the break, to take home the match ball. But he wasn't the only player to star in the Linnets' first home league game of the new season.
You may also want to watch:
Left-back Jordan Yong was particularly impressive as was goalscorer Andy Hall. Rampant Lynn's other goals – in a match which saw the visitors reduced to 10 men early in the second half – came from George Thomson and substitute Ewan Clarke.
- Click on the related link to read a match report from last night's game.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 8 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift