Halvergate celebrate a perfect season after win over rivals Bob Carter
- Credit: Archant
Halvergate completed a fantastic Tens League season with a 100 percent record by beating Bob Carter 2-0 at Drayton in the delayed final fixture of the winter season.
Halvergate had already clinched the title going into the game but Carter needed a 3-0 home win if they were to snatch second place ahead of Hempnall.
Carter have had a formidable home record in recent years but found themselves having to reshuffle their team due to player unavailability.
Their problems got worse when they were forced to play the match on an unfamiliar floor in the main sports hall with their usual room already booked.
Halvergate took full advantage of their opponent's troubles as they made their rivals pay dearly leaving Carter's league season a failure by their own high standards. Four wins and four defeats and third place in the table is not what this star-studded team are used to.
You may also want to watch:
Young Halvergate star Ryan Fox and England international David Lamb held Carter pair Jean Woods & Simon Willies to an 11-11 draw in the opening pairs game.
Worse was to come for Carter as Halvergate's David Knights, Keith Baker & Robbie Lamb beat three former England internationals Nigel Willard, John Turner & Melvin Woods 17-12 to give the visitors a five shot advantage at the interval.
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 3 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 4 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
- 5 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 6 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 7 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 8 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 9 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 10 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
On paper this score-line was totally unexpected but Robbie Lamb has shown excellent form for Norfolk A throughout the season.
The second half pairs game produced Carter's first win of the night as Jackie Bridge & Jason Woods beat Donna Lamb & Keith Cooke 16-15 despite only winning six of the 15 ends and trailing 7-0 after three ends.
End twelve proved to be massive for the Carter pair as they scored five shots to bring themselves back into a game they looked to have lost.
The last triples game though saw Halvergate complete a fabulous season as Jackie Smith, Ray Lamb & Robin Amos beat Elaine Willies, Steve Bridge & Robert Howlett 17-14 to deny Carter the runners-up spot.
In the opening match of the NCSMBA Summer League season Thorpe Marriott were held to a 4-4 draw by visitors Diss.