Short cast for sole
Fishing on the open beaches remains slow and it has been those anglers prepared to try something a bit different who have had the most success.Weather conditions have been very changeable with winds off the land one day then off the sea the next.
Fishing on the open beaches remains slow and it has been those anglers prepared to try something a bit different who have had the most success.
Weather conditions have been very changeable with winds off the land one day then off the sea the next.
A few sole are still being taken in the Southwold area with fish to 1lb on the night tides, although weed has at times made fishing close in difficult. Don't forget that sole venture very close in and 20 yard casts can be all that's needed if it's calm.
The better fishing has been in the estuaries with bass and mullet the main targets. In Southwold harbour lures or float-fishing with ragworm and prawn has been producing good sport with school bass and several fish in the 2 to 5lb range also taken. Lowestoft harbour has also been producing to these methods with mullet to 4lb coming to float-fished bread flake.
You may also want to watch:
On Gorleston harbour entrance one angler reported a 7lb bass landed after his rod broke halfway through the fight. A few codling have been taken inside the harbour but the biggest surprise was a 5lb codling taken out of the cooling water intake screens at the Power Station.
Fishing for mackerel on the north coast has been patchy even though high tide has been in the evenings. On Cromer pier a few were taken and with some bass to 7lb and mullet to 5lb.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 5 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 6 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 7 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 8 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 9 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 10 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips