Shock defeat for Blofield hands Acle narrow lead at top of Anglian Combination
The Premier Division's top two both dropped points on Saturday, allowing the chasing pack to narrow the gap.
Leaders Acle were held to a 2-2 draw at home by reigning champions Cromer, but moved a point clear of Blofield, after they slipped to a 5-2 defeat at Reepham, who moved up to fifth.
Kyle Howell and Ricci Butler scored for Acle, with Dale Wilton and Samuel Applegate getting on the scoresheet for Cromer, who remain seven points behind the leaders with three games in hand.
Ashley Dearing scored twice for Reepham, who also had goals from Stephen Drake, Andrew Moody and Beau Howard. Daniel McKail had given Blofield the lead after just 45 seconds, but not much went right after that for the visitors. Ben Morgan's goal made it 3-2 before Reepham pulled clear and Blofield's Darren Cox was sent off late on.
Dersingham Rovers maintained their challenge with a 3-0 win at Wymondham, courtesy of goals from Lee Hyde (2) and Daniel Jezeph.
Paul Cook bagged a brace as fourth-placed Wroxham Reserves won 3-0 at Mattishall, with their cause helped by an own goal.
St Andrews won 3-0 at bottom side Hempnall with goals from James Smith, Stephen Kelly, John Muir.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 2 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 3 Woman 'shocked' to find CCTV in Marina Centre changing room
- 4 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 5 Cromer Carnival events cancelled due to extreme heat.
- 6 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 7 Firefighters remain on scene of huge forest fire near country park
- 8 Flood alerts issued along the north Norfolk coast tomorrow morning
- 9 Investigation closed into fatal crash where car crashed into river
- 10 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
Thomas Baylis and Richard Durrant were on target as Loddon beat lowly North Walsham 2-0.
Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves hit five at Sheringham, with Miguel Lopez and Nathan Russell both finding the net twice and Michael Tacon also registering. Sheringham could only muster two in reply – from Jodi Norris and Jonathan Abbs.
Thomas Amis netted four as Norwich CEYMS' march towards the Division One title gathered pace with a 5-0 success at Hindringham. Dale Rayner also scored for the visitors.
Second-placed Long Stratton also enjoyed a convincing win as they beat Aylsham 4-0.
Lee Barrett, Ross Potter, Samuel Wenham and John King were Stratton's scorers.
Caister won 2-0 at Poringland Wanderers courtesy of strikes from Dean MacGregor and Kieran Hack.
Improving Bradenham Wanderers beat lowly Hellesdon 3-1, Karl Bush netting twice and Matthew Miller also on target.
Lawrence Cheese struck twice and Darren Miller scored to see Stalham to a 3-0 victory over bottom side Brandon.
Nathan Lawes' double put Watton on the way to a 4-3 home win against Holt. Kevin Bloomfield and Xavier Huckle also scored for Watton, with Christopher Fuller, Matthew Hudson and Michael Bentley netting for Holt.
Ross Pantry was also on target twice in Horsford's 4-2 win at Wells.
Harleston drew 1-1 at Corton.