Shock cup exit for Cromer at hands of Poringland
Most of the Anglian Combination Premier Division sides were in Mummery Cup second-round action on Saturday.
Surprise of the day was table-topping Cromer being beaten 4-2 by Poringland, who are third from bottom in the division below.
Poringland goals were courtesy of Chris Ault with a brace, Jonny Cogman and Gavin Bland while Darren Terrington and Dale Wilton netted for the visiting Crabs.
It was the same scoreline at Acle United who beat Division One leaders Wells Town.
Harry Maddison scored twice with Luke Goreham and Phillip Palmer also on the scoresheet for Acle while sooring for the Seasiders were Daniel Grocott and Scott Gray.
You may also want to watch:
A derby encounter between Sheringham and visiting North Walsham saw the coastal side progress with a 2-0 win thanks to Sam Mallett and Jonathan Abbs.
Hempnall went on a goal rampage at Stalham. Iain Mills hit a hat-trick and further goals from Robert Browne and Neil Renault saw off Stalham, whose goal was scored by Lawrence Cheese.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 9 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 10 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
Beccles Town's Tom Roberts scored the only goal of the game against Norwich St Johns.
Spixworth went through to the next round of the cup with a 3-1 win over Bradenham Wanderers. Their goals were from Ross Bilham, Duncan Whitlam and Damiam Didwell. Wanderers' goal came from Lee Frost.
Meanwhile, also taking a break from the league were Blofield United, who are currently second in the Anglian Combination Premier Division.
They eased through their Norfolk Senior Cup third-round replay against Dersingham Rovers 5-0 with a brace from Robert Woodcock and one apiece for Sean Brown, Daniel McKail and Nicky Crawley.
In the only Premier Division game played on Saturday, Brandon beat Loddon United 4-3.
Roy Bland netted a brace and Michael Kent and Airidas Paskaukas scored for Brandon and Gary Summons (twice) and Alexander Brown were Loddon's marksmen.
And in Division One, Caister United went nap against Reepham Town. Gary Fitzgerald hit two, Michael Gislam, Garrett Ward and Kevin Jarvis the others, with Martin Bramble netting a consolation for the Robins.
It was a goal-less draw at Hindringham when Bungay Town paid a visit.
Horsford United's Dale Webster and Alan Rudder secured a 2-1 win over Holt with Tony Edwards scoring for the Owls.
Long Stratton were 3-0 winners over Watton United thanks to David Robinson, Shaun Moss and Shaun Flint.
Sprowston Athletic returned from Wymonham with a 2-0 win (Ben Read and Stephen Davis).