Sheringham clinch Anglian Combination Premier Division title after beating Blofield 4-0
- Credit: Archant
Sheringham clinched the Anglian Combination Premier Division title after producing a superb first half performance to beat Blofield 4-0 on Tuesday night.
Needing just a point to effectively scupper the hopes of long-time rivals Caister the Shannocks ensured they would be taking all three by scoring four times before the break.
They never looked back after Jamie Nelson had set up Tim Cary for the opener, with Dale Wilton then converting from the spot following a handball to make it 2-0.
Wilton got his second after heading home Dan Crosby's cross and Cary quickly followed suit following a superb pass from Nelson.
To their credit Blofield knuckled down in the second half to prevent any more damage, but it was Sheringham's night as they secured the Sterry Cup 10 years after their previous triumph.
You may also want to watch:
The win took them five points clear at the top with just one game to come, at Wymondham Town on Saturday.
Long Stratton beat Waveney 3-1 to make sure of third place behind Caister.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler