Seven up for Blofield after Bulman fires four-goal salvo
It was a depleted programme in the Premier Division as three matches were postponed – but leaders Blofield were grateful to be in action as they beat Loddon 7-0.
James Bulman struck four times for Blofield in a stunning first half blitz, as they moved five points clear of second-placed Spixworth, who were in cup action.
Ashley Mitchell put Blofield ahead after five minutes before Bulman doubled the advantage nine minutes later. Bulman soon had his second and it was 4-0 after just 19 minutes when Chris Holmes got on the scoresheet.
Bulman completed his hat-trick with a powerful strike on 23 minutes and four minutes later, Mitchell converted for the sixth. There were no further goals until the 73rd minute, when Bulman netted his fourth.
Reepham were in similarly free-scoring mood as they put five past bottom side Hempnall without reply.
Andrew Moody bagged a hat-trick for Reepham, with Mark George and Andy Hanby also on target.
Wymondham Town picked up only their second win of the season as they beat St Andrews 3-1.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 3 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 4 9 West End shows heading to Norwich in 2023
- 5 Congestion eases after crash on outskirts of Norwich by A47 junction
- 6 Brick and flint north Norfolk cottage a stone's throw from the beach on sale for £650k
- 7 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 8 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 9 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 10 Can you spot yourself in our pictures from Reepham Festival?
Chris Priest, Adam Plumstead and Luke Rackham were Wymondham's scorers, with Glen Spooner replying for St Andrews.
The games between Mattishall and Dersingham, North Walsham and Cromer and Wroxham Reserves and Sheringham were all postponed owing to unfit pitches.
Division One leaders Corton almost matched Blofield's achievement as they registered a 6-0 victory at Hellesdon.
Adam Bellis fired a hat-trick, with Luke Graham, Ritchi High and Adam King also finding the net.
A thrilling match at Horsford saw visitors Wells come away with a point after a 4-4 draw.
Joe Harrison hit a hat-trick and Jody Murfit was also on target for Wells, while Ross Pantry (2), Alan Rudder and James Taylor scored for the hosts.
Long Stratton beat Brandon 4-1 with goals from Grahame Bartlett, Marc Garrod, Ross Potter and Andy Clitheroe, while Bradenham Wanderers beat Holt 3-0.
Aylsham drew 1-1 at Hindringham, with Mark Critten netting for the visitors and Adam Woodhouse scoring for Hindringham.
In the Mummery Cup quarter-finals, Acle United beat Caister 5-3, with goals from Darren Cockrill (2), Adam Hipperson, Luke Goreham and Ricky Forder. Anton Ward, Garrett Ward and Danny Heller were Caister's scorers.
Norwich CEYMS beat Harleston 2-0 courtesy of strikes from Sebastian Lambert and Thomas Amis and Spixworth were 3-0 winners at Stalham.
Semi-final draw: Norwich CEYMS v Spixworth, Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves v Acle United. Ties to be played on Saturday, February 9, 2013.