Setchell keeping up with the Joneses: King’s Lynn Town land Tamworth winger Jake on short-term loan
- Credit: Archant
Flying winger Jake Jones is in line to make his King's Lynn Town debut at home to Marine today.
The former Walsall wideman joined the Linnets on a month loan deal on Thursday night after falling out of favour at Tamworth.
And boss Gary Setchell is hoping he can reap the rewards of the 20-year-old's frustrations.
The Lynn boss said: 'For whatever reason he's not playing at Tamworth and he feels he should be. He has scored against Wrexham in the Conference this season so he's definitely good enough for our level (two lower). He became available and with Shane Tolley leaving, Sam Mulready being injured and Steve Spriggs trying to get fit, it was a no brainer to bring in another attacking player.'
The left-sided starlet signed a professional contract with Walsall in 2011 but was released earlier this year. He agreed a permanent deal with Lincoln City, where he had spent a spell on loan, before opting to join Tamworth.
He has made four starts and one substitute appearance for the Lambs this term, scoring one goal.
However, he has slipped down the pecking order following the arrival of Mark Wright and on-loan Port Vale attacker Ryan Lloyd and now wants to use Lynn to help win his place back in Dale Bedford's side.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 4 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 5 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 6 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 7 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 10 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack