Setchell keeping up with the Joneses: King’s Lynn Town land Tamworth winger Jake on short-term loan
- Credit: Archant
Flying winger Jake Jones is in line to make his King's Lynn Town debut at home to Marine today.
The former Walsall wideman joined the Linnets on a month loan deal on Thursday night after falling out of favour at Tamworth.
And boss Gary Setchell is hoping he can reap the rewards of the 20-year-old's frustrations.
The Lynn boss said: 'For whatever reason he's not playing at Tamworth and he feels he should be. He has scored against Wrexham in the Conference this season so he's definitely good enough for our level (two lower). He became available and with Shane Tolley leaving, Sam Mulready being injured and Steve Spriggs trying to get fit, it was a no brainer to bring in another attacking player.'
The left-sided starlet signed a professional contract with Walsall in 2011 but was released earlier this year. He agreed a permanent deal with Lincoln City, where he had spent a spell on loan, before opting to join Tamworth.
You may also want to watch:
He has made four starts and one substitute appearance for the Lambs this term, scoring one goal.
However, he has slipped down the pecking order following the arrival of Mark Wright and on-loan Port Vale attacker Ryan Lloyd and now wants to use Lynn to help win his place back in Dale Bedford's side.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 8 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts