Setchell challenges squad players to excel as ‘low risk’ King’s Lynn Town team prepare for UCL Cup semi
Gary Setchell is urging his squad players to come to the fore after admitting he will field a 'low-risk' team for King's Lynn Town's United Counties League Cup semi-final tonight.
Table-topping Lynn, who are still on for a league and cup double, look to continue their glory charge by beating Peterborough Northern Star at The Walks this evening.
The Linnets boss will be without Jason Turner (cup tied) and will rest number one Alex Street. He may also give centre-back Stuart Wall and left-winger Jamie Thurlbourne the night off.
'It's a semi-final, people will be coming to support us, and we want to get to the final,' said the Lynn manager.
'We'll make a few changes but we'll pick a team that we think can win the game. The lads coming in are first-teamers who need to go out there and play like first-teamers.
'We'll put out a low-risk team because I don't want key players in certain areas to get hurt. Those that are coming in know they need to perform well though as there are places up for grabs.'
Robbie Harris should replace Turner, if he shakes off a stomach problem, while Ben Coe - who has been on loan at Ridgeons First Division Fakenham Town - returns to Lynn's line-up.
- 1 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 2 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 3 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 4 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 5 Neighbours describe axe brawl in Norfolk village
- 6 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Man in his 20s dies after hit-and-run
- 8 Crews battle overnight house fire in north Norfolk
- 9 Several roads closed in King's Lynn due to crash and police incident
- 10 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
Captain Ross Watson, goalkeeper Matthew Hails, Jack Defty, Jordan Yong, Dan Buhlemann and Ryan Fryatt should all start.
Midfielder Steve Spriggs has been omitted from the squad days before he leaves to play football in Sweden. He said on Twitter: 'Saturday was my last game for King's Lynn Town FC. Gutted I'm not involved today, Some great memories. Love the club, players and fans.'
Setchell's search to replace the popular wideman continues after Dan Cotton, who had verbally agreed to join Lynn from Soham Town Rangers, has decided to stay with the Greens.
Lynn will face either Holbeach United or St Ives Town in the final.