Norwich sprinter Serena bags double in Bucharest
- Credit: Harrod Sport
Serena Grace – a student at Notre Dame High School and a member of the City of Norwich club – notched an excellent double in the FISEC (European Catholic Students) games in Romania.
After winning her heat of the 100m in 12.38 seconds she went on to win the final in Bucharest.
And she repeated the feat in the 200m, winning her heat and then taking first place in the final in a time of 25.45 seconds.
City of Norwich AC finished fourth in the Eastern Young Athletes League in an event won by the Essex club, Havering. There were 25 clubs in the event and it was the team performance by the club for a number of years. The club also won the East Anglian League title ahead of arch-rivals Ipswich.
City of Norwich seniors make the journey to Gillingham this weekend for the final event of the Southern Athletics League. The team will be weakened due to absences because of the holiday period.
You may also want to watch:
Sophie McKinna, from Great Yarmouth, will be throwing at the UK trials in Birmingham next weekend. The shot putter, Great Britain's number one thrower, already has the qualifying distance for the world championships in Doha in September.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 5 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 8 Dad who threw daughter into cot cleared of murder
- 9 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 10 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?