Secretary calls it a day
Sheringham secretary Peter Mounfield will spend his last day in the office today before retiring from the post he has held for over seven years. 'It's been a lovely time, I have really enjoyed it.'
Sheringham secretary Peter Mounfield will spend his last day in the office today before retiring from the post he has held for over seven years.
'It's been a lovely time, I have really enjoyed it. The captains have ben great, the members are lovely and the course is just a delight. Now I'm looking forward to spending time with my wife and getting my fishing rods out!'
Mounfield, a 12-handicapper, will also be on the golf course, together with his wife, Pam, who is a Sheringham member.
During his time at Sheringham the clubhouse has been extended, 100 bunkers have been refurbished - and the club's ranking has risen to become the 80th best course in the country.
You may also want to watch:
'I am absolutely delighted about that, but it's not just about me. The committee has made investments in the course, the greenstaff, machinery and training.'
During Mounfield's tenure the club has hosted both the men's and boys' South East championships and its next big date comes in September when it will be the setting for the senior women's Home Internationals.
- 1 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 2 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 3 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 4 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 5 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 6 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 9 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 10 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould