Second place for Niels-Kristian Iversen at Elite League Riders’ Championship – again
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Stars' Niels-Kristian Iversen again came agonisingly close to Elite League Riders' Championship victory at Coventry.
Danish star Iversen had to settle for another runners-up position as Fredrik Lindgren took the title in an exciting final race.
Iversen went off the outside gate and contested the first bend strongly with Lindgren, which briefly allowed Chris Harris the chance to lead. Lindgren and Iversen went either side of the Bees rider but it was Lindgren who established himself at the front with Iversen's efforts to catch him proving unsuccessful.
Iversen said: 'I think it's the fourth time I've been runner-up in this meeting and I've never won it, but what you can do? Second is the first loser, but it's still better than third.
'It's not easy to win, everybody is going for it and it all comes down to the Final where it's all or nothing. Obviously it's disappointing because I came here to win.'
You may also want to watch:
There was also frustration for the Stars' Robert Lambert, who needed a second place from his last ride to reach the semi-final but lost out to Patrick Hougaard and Scott Nicholls in heat 20.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 9 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed