Second place for Niels-Kristian Iversen at Elite League Riders’ Championship – again
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Stars' Niels-Kristian Iversen again came agonisingly close to Elite League Riders' Championship victory at Coventry.
Danish star Iversen had to settle for another runners-up position as Fredrik Lindgren took the title in an exciting final race.
Iversen went off the outside gate and contested the first bend strongly with Lindgren, which briefly allowed Chris Harris the chance to lead. Lindgren and Iversen went either side of the Bees rider but it was Lindgren who established himself at the front with Iversen's efforts to catch him proving unsuccessful.
Iversen said: 'I think it's the fourth time I've been runner-up in this meeting and I've never won it, but what you can do? Second is the first loser, but it's still better than third.
'It's not easy to win, everybody is going for it and it all comes down to the Final where it's all or nothing. Obviously it's disappointing because I came here to win.'
You may also want to watch:
There was also frustration for the Stars' Robert Lambert, who needed a second place from his last ride to reach the semi-final but lost out to Patrick Hougaard and Scott Nicholls in heat 20.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 6 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 7 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 8 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 9 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 10 Minke whale washes up on beach