Sea Fishing: Hounds come out in the mid-day sun
The warm settled spell encouraged a few decent hounds inshore and the bass have continued to feed too.
The shingle in the north has seen some lovely fish – smoothounds to 8lb and bass to 7lb in reports – although it's often a waiting game with the hounds; when they do show the sport can be crazy.
Holt Sac fished the latest match in the summer accumulator series on the Ouse at King's Lynn. Richard Ellis took the top spot with 4lb 10oz of flounders and eels. John Carter came second with 4lb 4�oz, which included a nice flounder of 1lb 5oz, while Sheringham ace Tony Thomas was a pound back in third with 3lb 1oz.
There have been some hounds and bass along the eastern edge, too, though the hounds have been generally smaller with many around the 1-3lb mark and a few better ones to 7lb reported.
I'm hoping to have a chuck at those scrappers this week as long as the weather plays ball, a nothing southerly in the middle of the week looks favourable and I'll be looking to fish the flood on one of the east beaches.
You may also want to watch:
Down towards Yarmouth and there have been some bass and small hounds about either side of Yarmouth and a few down beyond Lowestoft at Minsmere. I still haven't seen any sole reported from the south pier or Southwold's town beaches, but it can only be a matter of time before they show. See www.east-anglia-sea-angling.co.uk
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 8 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'