Scuffham’s Lotus takes Snetterton honours
The Lotus Exgie of Simon Scuffham posted the quickest lap time in the Time Attack event at Snetterton. but it was Marcus Webster who proved fastest in a straight line.
Scuffham's Lotus proved quickest around the corners to win the event by 0.76sec from Phil Glew's potent Subaru Impreza, but Webster managed a phenomenal 166mph at the finish line speed trap with his Nissan Skyline R32 GTR.
Mitsubishi's locked out the top five places in the Club Pro division with Andrew Barbour narrowly ahead of Steve Peel and Phil Reed while in the Club Class the Subaru Impreza of Lee Bullen triumphed.
A final burst of speed ensured that Team OBR sealed victory in the five hour Fun Cup race on Saturday.
While Mark Burton, Bradley Philpot and Graham Prattle kept the lead in sight during the early stages of the event a final push when rivals, Marcus Clutton/Peter Belshaw hit problems saw the trio take victory by just nine seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Trying to displace them in the final few laps was Nigel Greensall who was sharing with Joachim Ritter but second place has kept up their overall title challenge.
Craig Fleming had a firm grip on the first Open Sportcar Series race, from the green lights, chased home by Duncan Williams and Darren Luke, who won both Sunday encounters.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 8 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
In the Honda Civic races Richard Hockley narrowly held off Nick Chatburn in the opening event and Luke Sedzikoski in the second before making it a quartet of victories in Sunday's two races.
Fun Cup: 1 Team OBR (Mark Burton/Bradley Philpot/Graham Prattle); 2 Racelogic (Joachim Ritter/Nigel Greensall); 3 JPR/Ecurie Escargot (William Pembroke/James Someton).
Open Sportscar Series, Race One: 1 Craig Fleming (Juno); 2 Duncan Williams (Juno); 3 Darren Luke (Juno). Race Two: 1 Darren Luke; Craig Fleming; Doug Hart (Chiron/Hart). Race Three: 1 Darren Luke; 2 Craig Fleming; 3 Darcy Smith (Radical SR4).
Honda Civic Cup, Race One: 1 Richard Hockley; 2 Nick Chatburn; 3 Luke Sedzikoski. Race Two: 1 Richard Hockley; 2 Luke Sedzikoski; 3 Nick Chatburn. Race Three: 1 Richard Hockley; 2 Luke Sedzikoski; 3 Tim Evans. Race Four: 1 Richard Hockley; 2 Luke Sedzikoski; 3 Tim Evans