Score beats record of 27 years
In the Crown fire Central & South Norfolk League's Mervyn Lambert Plant Hire Pease League Cup for third and fourth division teams, there were some high scores including a new league cup record.
Bawdeswell's 24-0 drubbing of Dereham Cockers United beat the 27-year record of 18-0 held by Mulbarton United Reserves since November 1983.
Two other teams recorded double figures — Diss Town A beat Scarning United 10-2 and Stoke Ferry netted 10 against Shipdham Reserves without reply. Thurton and Ashby ran out 9-0 winners at Beetley United and Rampant Horse enjoyed an 8-2 win over Nostro Reserves.
Wendling were the only other home team to win, beating Shropham United Reserves 2-0. Breckland Wanderers won by the odd goal of seven at Great Cressingham and North Elmham did likewise at Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves after extra-time.
Marham Wanderers were too strong for Tacolneston Reserves, running out 5-0 winners while Gressenhall Reserves won by the only goal of the game at Mattishall. Splitz United won 4-1 at North Elmham Reserves and Colkirk were 4-2 winners at Weasenham Wanderers.
In Division One, Thetford Rovers Reserves recorded a good 6-2 home win over Hingham Athletic to maintain their 100 per cent record, as did Tacolneston who were 7-2 winners at Cockers. Bridgham United started their climb up the table with a 3-1 win at Cranworth, Narborough won 5-1 at Rockland United and Dereham Town A slipped to their first defeat, 4-0 at the hands of Shipdham.
In Division Three, Narborough Reserves beat Rockland United Reserves 6-2 to move to the top of the table.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 3 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 6 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 7 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 8 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 9 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 10 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
In the Chequered Flag Primary League Cup Castle Acre Swifts had a 5-1 win at the holders, Morley Village. Feltwell United ran out 4-0 winners over Yaxham while Northwold S&SC beat Saham Toney Reserves by the same score.
Nostro were 5-2 home winners over Wymondham Town A and Sporle ran up the same score line in knocking out Shropham United.