Score beats record of 27 years
In the Crown fire Central & South Norfolk League's Mervyn Lambert Plant Hire Pease League Cup for third and fourth division teams, there were some high scores including a new league cup record.
Bawdeswell's 24-0 drubbing of Dereham Cockers United beat the 27-year record of 18-0 held by Mulbarton United Reserves since November 1983.
Two other teams recorded double figures — Diss Town A beat Scarning United 10-2 and Stoke Ferry netted 10 against Shipdham Reserves without reply. Thurton and Ashby ran out 9-0 winners at Beetley United and Rampant Horse enjoyed an 8-2 win over Nostro Reserves.
Wendling were the only other home team to win, beating Shropham United Reserves 2-0. Breckland Wanderers won by the odd goal of seven at Great Cressingham and North Elmham did likewise at Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves after extra-time.
Marham Wanderers were too strong for Tacolneston Reserves, running out 5-0 winners while Gressenhall Reserves won by the only goal of the game at Mattishall. Splitz United won 4-1 at North Elmham Reserves and Colkirk were 4-2 winners at Weasenham Wanderers.
You may also want to watch:
In Division One, Thetford Rovers Reserves recorded a good 6-2 home win over Hingham Athletic to maintain their 100 per cent record, as did Tacolneston who were 7-2 winners at Cockers. Bridgham United started their climb up the table with a 3-1 win at Cranworth, Narborough won 5-1 at Rockland United and Dereham Town A slipped to their first defeat, 4-0 at the hands of Shipdham.
In Division Three, Narborough Reserves beat Rockland United Reserves 6-2 to move to the top of the table.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 5 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 6 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 7 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 8 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 9 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 10 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
In the Chequered Flag Primary League Cup Castle Acre Swifts had a 5-1 win at the holders, Morley Village. Feltwell United ran out 4-0 winners over Yaxham while Northwold S&SC beat Saham Toney Reserves by the same score.
Nostro were 5-2 home winners over Wymondham Town A and Sporle ran up the same score line in knocking out Shropham United.