Schedule: Today’s Commonwealth Games action for Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambs athletes
- Credit: PA
The competitive action is under way in Glasgow after the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games was held last night – and there are plenty of local hopes to watch out for.
Norfolk judoka Colin Oates, from North Lopham, near Diss, is in action between 10am and 4pm for the 66kg preliminaries, quarters, semis and repechage.
If successful the 30-year-old would then compete in the 66kg gold and bronze medal contests between 6pm and 8.45pm tonight.
Hevingham cyclist Victoria Williamson begins her track campaign at the Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome this afternoon, with the heats for the women's 500m time trial due to start at 4.42pm.
The 20-year-old former Norwich High School for Girls is due to race Australia's Anna Meares in heat seven, who won gold in the 500m time trial at the 2004 Athens Olympics and in the sprint at London 2012.
Fakenham bowls player Jamie Chestney is in triples round one action between 8.45am and 2pm, then round two between 3.45pm and 9pm.
Another in Team Englan's bowls team is Wisbech-born Ellen Faulkner, who is in fours round one action between 8.45am and 2pm, before round two between 3.45pm and 9pm.
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 3 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 4 Woman stabbed in neck and arm in city park
- 5 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 6 Here's when parents can get complimentary tickets to BeWILDerwood
- 7 Major incident in city after reports of stabbing
- 8 Range Rover hit by train after straying onto level crossing
- 9 Thieves run off with alcohol worth nearly £5,000 from Tesco
- 10 Mum's warning after children almost stung by jellyfish
Squash world champion Laura Massaro, originally from Great Yarmouth, begins her bid for singles glory on the courts between 4.30pm and 9pm, in the round of 32.
James Wilstrop, raised in North Walsham is also in the squash team. He starts in the round of 64 between 11am and 3pm, before the round of 32 between 4.30pm and 9pm if he progresses.
Bury St Edmunds swimmer Chris Walker-Hebborn is in 100m backstroke heats action between 10.30am and 12.30pm, before the semi-finals between 7pm and 9pm if he progresses.