Sandringham off to a flying start
West Norfolk League: Sandringham are setting the pace in Division One after beating Hayley East Anglia by 88 runs on Saturday.
James Banham top scored with 94 for Sandringham while Lloyd Richmond hit 53 and took four for 35.
Paul Morton scored 58 for Denver and Dan Cornwell took four for 40 in their 48-run victory against Swanton Morley. Stuart Whitney (50) and Jonny Bidewell (55) couldn't prevent Swanton Morley from suffering defeat.
Bircham's Robert Preston scored 75 in their six-wicket win against Terrington.
Perry Dawson (105) notched his second century of the season for Springwood but it was Matt Herbert (75) and Gary Forder (67no) who helped Snettisham to a nine-wicket victory.
In Division Two, Gerry Harwood (87) laid the foundation with Stephen King (62) for Narborough's 71-run victory over Long Sutton. Jake Burton took four for 37 for Long Sutton. Adam Wright showed some resistance with 51 but Guy Powley's figures of six for 17 saw Narborugh to victory.
Billy Yarham (five for 12) did the damage with the ball before Martin Wall (67) saw Fakenham A through to a comfortable eight-wicket victory against Gooderstone.
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 6 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 7 Critics hope to deal significant blow to controversial NDR Western Link
- 8 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 9 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 10 Teenage girls in hospital after unprovoked mob attack
Downham B ran out winners by 124 runs against Northwold.
In a low scoring Division Three thriller Marcus Mears took five for 19 against Hillington A but couldn't prevent a 10-run defeat for Holt.
Thornham's Kevin Williamson (71) and Stephen Lucas (66) set a challenging total, with Hockwold's David Spencer (four for 42) picking up all the wickets to fall. Opener Steve Barratt (93no) saw Hockwold to victory by four wickets.
Jim Parker took four for 27 for Heacham but an unbeaten 72 from Clive Parke saw Beeston to victory by three wickets.
Swaffham A's Craig Titmarsh (71) and Jasper Payne (56) set a big total for Mundford A to chase but Ryan Woods (74) helped them reach the target for a six-wicket victory.
In Division Four, Swanton Morley A's David Powell took five for 24 as they beat Gayton by six wickets.
Castle Acre A's Tanveer Singh (67) and Elliot Whiting (54) helped them beat Necton by 62 runs despite good bowling efforts from James Spinks (five for 43) and J Scholey (four for 34).
Snettisham A's Michael Herbert took five for 39 but Keith Daykin (53) helped Beetley record a nine-run victory.
Gooderstone A recorded the lowest score of the day as they were bowled out for 26 on their way to a 120-run defeat at the hands of Dereham B in Division Five.
Denver A's Tom Cornwell (six for 25) helped them beat Long Sutton A by 29 runs.
Colin Edwards hit 75 as Downham C beat Northwold A by 24 runs.