Sam and Jane take anniversary honours
Thirteen Norfolk One Design Dinghies took part on the 85th anniversary of the original class race, sailing from Hickling Broad Sailing Club to Potter Heigham.
It was a four-mile trip and, after a break for lunch and other things, a return to Hickling in fine racing conditions.
In first place was Sam Woodcock sailing B20 Kelpie and crewed by Jane Aldiss. They completed the course in 115 minutes and 24 seconds.
Second went to Class Captain David Yapp sailing B50 Dodman (the snail) crewed by Julia Deary in 121 minutes and 29 seconds.
In third place was Ray Johnson sailing B54 Coot and crewed by Wendy Bush completing the course in 122 minutes and three seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Hickling Broad Sailing Club were thanked for running the event providing refreshments before and after the race and for providing a manned committee boat and two safety boats and for timing all the boats taking part in the event.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 6 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 7 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 10 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000