Saints alive with morale-boosting win
Lucas fettes Norfolk League: St Andrews shrugged off their poor start by recording their first win of the season, beating Civil Service by eight wickets in Division Two.Nathan Chinman and Peter Parsons put on 142 for the second Saints wicket - Chinman hitting his first 50 for the club and Parsons making his first league half-century since 1987.
St Andrews shrugged off their poor start by recording their first win of the season, beating Civil Service by eight wickets in Division Two.
Nathan Chinman and Peter Parsons put on 142 for the second Saints wicket - Chinman hitting his first 50 for the club and Parsons making his first league half-century since 1987.
In Division One, Martin Witheridge hit 53 for leaders Winterton in a five-wicket win over Drayton.
Richard Daniels fired an unbeaten 81 for Kirkley & Lowestoft Railway A before Simon Spurgeon took seven for 22 from his 12 overs to wrap up a 46-run win against Great Melton B.
Young swing bowler Jamie Weston bagged five wickets as Hales A enjoyed a morale-boosting five-wicket win over Norwich Bystanders in Division Four.
Weston claimed five for 14 from 11 overs before experienced duo Milton Lindsay (31) and Jon Vale (22) led the reply as Hales put memories of recent batting collapses behind them to complete their second league victory of the campaign in the 20th over.
- 1 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 2 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 3 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 4 Could some Norfolk schools be set for three-day weeks?
- 5 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 6 Blaze near children's playground in Norwich believed to be arson
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Nine fire crews tackle blaze at industrial estate
- 9 Man in 30s arrested on suspicion of drug dealing in rural village
- 10 Car carrying six children not wearing seatbelts caught on A47
Frettenham's Pete Davison made 49 in a 70-run win at North Elmham in Division Six, with Elmham's Rob Joplin taking four for 32.
Also in Division Six, 17-year-old Alex Hainsby made 75no and took two wickets as Hardingham A beat Loddon A by 55 runs. Loddon's Antony Aldred scored 54, while Andy Edge claimed four wickets for Hardingham.
An opening stand of 214 from Hethersett & Tas Valley B's R Jones (60) and M Worley (145) set up a 149-run win against Great Melton C in Division Seven, with Tas' J Nash taking five for 27.