Ryman Premier: Lowestoft hoping to build on upturn in form
- Credit: Michael Sedgwick/Focus Images
Lowestoft Town travel to Canvey Island this afternoon looking to capitalise on their recent upturn in form.
The Trawlerboys have won their last three matches in a row and sit just four points outside the play-off zone despite an indifferent start to the season by their own standards. The Blues followed up last weekend's win in the league over Burgess Hill Town thanks to Rory McAuley's goal with a 3-2 win over Felixstowe & Walton in the Suffolk Premier Cup.
Lowestoft were due to travel to Harlow Town this afternoon but the Essex side's advancement in the FA Trophy meant that match had to be postponed. A date for the rearranged fixture has yet to be announced.
But the Trawlerboys took the opportunity to slot in their away fixture at Canvey Island, who had been due to host Worthing but for the FA Trophy taking precedence.
Lowestoft will be hoping for a better performance than the last time they came up against Canvey earlier this month when the visitors came away from Crown Meadow with a 3-0 victory.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 8 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 9 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 10 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital