Ryman Premier: Lowestoft hoping to build on upturn in form
- Credit: Michael Sedgwick/Focus Images
Lowestoft Town travel to Canvey Island this afternoon looking to capitalise on their recent upturn in form.
The Trawlerboys have won their last three matches in a row and sit just four points outside the play-off zone despite an indifferent start to the season by their own standards. The Blues followed up last weekend's win in the league over Burgess Hill Town thanks to Rory McAuley's goal with a 3-2 win over Felixstowe & Walton in the Suffolk Premier Cup.
Lowestoft were due to travel to Harlow Town this afternoon but the Essex side's advancement in the FA Trophy meant that match had to be postponed. A date for the rearranged fixture has yet to be announced.
But the Trawlerboys took the opportunity to slot in their away fixture at Canvey Island, who had been due to host Worthing but for the FA Trophy taking precedence.
Lowestoft will be hoping for a better performance than the last time they came up against Canvey earlier this month when the visitors came away from Crown Meadow with a 3-0 victory.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 7 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 8 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 9 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 10 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror